1.30.2014

(review) Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #3
Release date: January 28th 2014
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 400
Source: Bought (ebook)



The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's epic Under the Never Sky trilogy, and sequel to the New York Times and USA Todaybestselling Through the Ever Night.

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

Perfect for fans of the Hunger Games and Divergent series, Veronica Rossi's trilogy has been called "inspired, offbeat, and mesmerizing" (Kirkus Reviews, starred review) and "incredibly original" (Seventeen.com). Brimming with romance and danger and building to a climax that will leave you breathless, Into the Still Blue brings this "masterpiece" trilogy to an unforgettable close (Examiner.com).


After months of waiting, the last installment of Under the Never Sky is here! I am both excited and sad at the same time, excited to reach the end and sad that this meant goodbye to Perry, Aria, and Roar.

Exactly what the tittle said, this book is all about Perry, Aria, and the others attempts to get to the only save place, Still Blue. But first they need to get Cinder, not to help them pass the almost-unbreakable wall of Aether that surrounds Still Blue, but because they care about Cinder. But Sable, the one who killed Perry's sister Liz and the one who had Cinder are ruthless. Sable allied his tribe, the Horns, with Hess the leader of the Dwellers to reach the Still Blue. Are they going to succeed?

I can't describe how much I love this book. If I thought parting with Katniss and Peeta at the end of Mockingjay was hard, parting with Aria and Perry was a torture. I don't think I would forget them. After periods of misery from Roar, I am proud to say that he's getting better now! Roar's friendship with Aria and Perry touches me, they might even die for each other for God's sake. Not to mention the romance. [input long sigh here] Perry is really damn cute.

“What brought you out here, Aria?” he asked.
She looked up, right into his eyes. “I needed to find you.”
“I know,” he said. “The second I left you, I felt the same"

I disliked Brooke before, but this last book changed me. If I ever hated any protagonists in the series, I have none now. I never imagined that Brooke could be paired with this certain male character (thank God it's not Roar) and it was brilliant! Super satisfied with how everything ended. Except one, the only thing missing is a happy ending for this other certain character (I am trying to avoid giving you spoilers), I liked that character quite a lot actually. There is lots of deaths happening, but at least with that price, we (they) ended in a happy ending.

I knew this is a 5 star material even from the start. One hundred percent page turner. Love how it was written in third person with Aria and Perry's POVs, how perfect the pace was, and again the ending. Into the Still Blue is one of the best ending of a series that I've ever read.

“I’m going fishing.”
Aria’s gray eyes brightened. “Using what kind of bait? Earthworms? Night crawlers?”
“Are you ever going to forget that?”
“No. Never.”
“Fine. Then I love you, my little Night Crawler"

The best book this month! and Roar, I know you ended up single, I just want to tell you that I would be here when if you wanted a girlfriend (LOL). Recommended to you Dystopia lovers!

P.S. Do you want to know something really mind blowing? We've actually met Aria's father in the second book, Through the Ever Night. Right, mind. Blown.

Rating:
5 EYES OPEN (5/5)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!